Senior Career/Transition Coach
As a business and marketing professional with over 20+ years’ experience, Jim Wojtak uses his solid work background, combined with creativity and passion, to help job seekers differentiate themselves in the marketplace and achieve their employment goals. He has relocated several times in his professional career and can empathize with those transitioning into a new community. In addition, Jim leverages his experience as a hiring manager to help professionals develop a winning job search strategy.
Jim earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business (cum laude) from Illinois State University. He has been recognized as a Career Management Fellow (CMF) by The Institute of Career Certification International (ICCI).
Currently a Senior Transition Coach with IMPACT Group, Jim provides spouse/partner employment and integration assistance to individuals and families nationwide. He coaches on résumé development, written communication tools, networking, on-line career resources, interviewing skills, and effective job search techniques. He excels at partnering with job seekers from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from entry level to executive management.
Jim specializes in coaching entrepreneurs who are starting a business or transitioning a business into a new location. He has developed a portfolio of resources that he uses to empower entrepreneurs. These tools, covering business planning, entrepreneurial assessments, marketplace research, and marketing materials development, have been successfully utilized by hundreds of small business owners over the last several years. Jim has furthered his training in the small business arena, including:
- Certified Trainer, “My Own Business, Inc.” and “Building My Own Business,” My Own Business, Inc., City of Industry, CA.
- Trained User and Coach, “Entrepreneurial Style and Success Indicator,” Consulting Resource Group International, Inc., Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
- Numerous SCORE and Small Business Administration (SBA) seminars on small business, including: “How to Start and Manage Your Own Business” and “Social Media Marketing for Small Business and Search Engine Marketing.”
- Selected Presenter, “Flying Solo: Career Management for the Entrepreneur,” International Career Development Conference, Century City, CA, (2008).
Prior to his work as a career consultant, Jim held the role of Regional Account Director with Interealty Corporation supporting 13 accounts in the U.S. and Canada with Multiple Listing Service (MLS) technology sales and service. In addition, his background includes account management and marketing with two leading private label food brokers in the U.S, as well as community relations work in the non-profit sector. Jim is also a licensed Private Pilot.
“My consultant did regular check-ins once we put together a game plan and had a resume that accurately reflected my talents and skills. He gave good advice on how to approach looking for a position in this area.”
– Feedback from job search participant, Cleveland, OH
“Great listener and motivator. Very experience…ensures their resume gets viewed through networking, research and a bit of extra effort.”
– Feedback from executive- level career transition participant, Los Angeles, CA
“The relocation program was extremely valuable in helping with my business start up. The best part of the program was receiving tips on great resources within my community for entrepreneurs and assistance with creating a business plan from my consultant, Jim Wojtak”
– Feedback from small business owner, Chicago, IL
Connect with Jim on Linkedin
Insights | View all
Webinar: 5 Actions to Increase Gender Balance in Leadership Roles
Leading Company Recovery after a Layoff
Mobility Disruptor #3: ‘Sink or Swim’ Mentality to Onboarding
Career Advice from the Women I Admire
Negotiate Pay to Achieve a Win / Win
Advancing Women Leaders is a Solid Investment Strategy