Sharyn Hancock brings 20+ years of experience in workforce development, recruiting, and career development/coaching to IMPACT Group. Knowing each career transition is different, Sharyn proactively uncovers an individual’s needs and champions IMPACT Group’s 1:Me coaching approach by delivering a clear plan and removing roadblocks along the way.
Affectionately known as the “resource maven,” Sharyn excels at uncovering job search leads. Her particular area of expertise is coordinating resources for individuals who have become unemployed, particularly those with disabilities, and providing support and benefit planning along with career coaching to help them confidently return to work. She offers a comprehensive understanding of unemployment compensation, SSA benefits, and federal workforce programs and has guided diverse populations of job seekers, including veterans and students.
A few of Sharyn’s most notable accomplishments include:
- Participating on the Advisory Committee on Increasing Competitive Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities as part of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Serving as market lead for Pepsi’s Achieving Change Together, a cutting-edge initiative creating systems to successful recruit, hire, train, and support employees with disabilities.
- Receiving the 2015 Community Conversation grant (a public forum) to support community meetings aimed at expanding local employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Being recognized as a subject matter expert on the Ticket to Work Program for the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s (ODEP) Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program.
- Piloting a guided group discovery on behalf of ODEP and LEAD Center to lay the foundation for competitive integrated employment as a universal design to the benefit of both employees and employers.
Sharyn is a Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) and a Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP). She received her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Everest University.
Connect with Sharyn on Linkedin
Insights | View all
Yahoo! Finance Video: How to Close Female Leadership Gap in Business
Diversity & Inclusion Start at the Top
Strategic Planning Checklist for a Staff Reduction
Putting an End to “The First Woman…” Headlines
Why Should I Reignite My Stagnant Career?
Asking for an Informational Interview: Why They Matter & How to Secure Them