Quick Tips for Company Recovery after a Workforce Disruption
Workforce disruptions affect all employees. This also includes employees who remain with your organization.
Here are quick tips to keep your teams engaged after a major change or workforce disruption.
- Acknowledge the feelings and concerns of remaining employees. Confusion, anger, and uncertainty are normal reactions.
- Be honest about the changes. This is a stressful situation for everyone involved. Answers help.
- In addition, communicate changes in work responsibilities and reporting relationships.
- Set meetings to reinforce departmental goals, roles, and responsibilities.
- In the future, provide structure by being clear about ongoing responsibilities.
Download our checklist to best address change with remaining employees.