Repatriation Management Done Right
For a global assignment, you’ve invested significant time, energy, and resources into highly skilled employees. This makes individual support crucial during repatriations to retain and maximize your key talent when they return home. Our repatriation program will empower employees and their households to take positive steps forward as they wrap up an assignment and prepare to return home.
Create a Repatriation Program & Action Plan for All Household Members
Everyone in the household will be affected by the repatriation process. Even though they are returning to a familiar area, feeling adjusted and finding needed resources may take more time and effort than they expect. Our experienced transition and career coaches have all lived as expats before. They will coach the employee and their household through the practical and emotional challenges of repatriation so they navigate them with less stress.
Career Support for What’s Next
Most employees returning from an international assignment have gained valuable global knowledge and insights that can be leveraged by the sponsoring organization. IMPACT Group’s repatriation program helps individuals clearly align their global skills with organizational needs for career advancement and organizational benefit. Together, a one-on-one coach will help the assignee identify, showcase, and leverage their global experience to communicate their value to your organization. Depending on the circumstances, we can also empower your assignees who are exiting your organization after their global assignment. Our coaches then focus on an external job search strategy to make a seamless transition to a new company.
Likewise, our coaches also support the career needs of the accompanying talent who joined the employee during the assignment. This talent may include a spouse, partner, sibling, other relative, or close friend. The repatriation program will equip them with the necessary resources, tools, and expertise to move forward in their career in the home country.
Key Coaching Topics Include:
- Developing a repatriation program transition plan
- Coping with changes the household may experience
- Establishing goals during the transition
- Researching the household’s needs to create new routines & hobbies
- Completing a career assessment
- Creating a CV/resume & cover letters
- Making professional networking contacts
- Identifying potential employers
- Enhancing interviewing & negotiation skills
How It Works
- Dedicated 1:Me™ coaching
- Personal needs assessment to create customized program
- Transition plan to support the entire repatriation process
- Development of Internal Profile to capture employee accomplishments
- Tailored job search strategy based on career goals for both the employee and the accompanying talent
- Innovative career and integration portal with resources on every aspect of the move
- Membership to InterNations – the most powerful relationship building platform of its kind
Ready to engage employees in every location? Let's talk
Insights | View all
Trends Reshape Relocation Strategy in 2021
Your Relocation Package – Time for a Makeover
Panel Discussion: Virtual Assignments & Role of Global Mobility Partners